Film Production Services
We’ve worked extensively on ocean based projects providing support for professional film, television, photography and research. Our services range from pre-production project planning to on-scene technical and logistical support.
Below is a list of research teams, production companies and individuals that have spent time aboard ship with us working on various projects.
Film and Television:
- Howard Hall Productions – mini shoot with Howard Hall and Bob Cranston at San Clemente Island and Baja’s Coronado Islands
- Galatee Films (2006)- 10 day project with the white sharks at Isla Guadalupe for Disneynature production, “Oceans” due out April 2010. 8 day project in California’s Channel Islands in support of same project
- BBC (2009)- 6 day project for “Last Chance to See” television series segment shot in Sea of Cortez filmed with hosts Mark Carwardine and Stephen Fry
- RTSea Productions (2005 – 2007)- in support of “Island of the Great White Shark” documentary shot over 3 years filmed exclusively at Isla Guadalupe
- Giant Productions (2008)- 3 day shoot at Isla Guadalupe for segment on Greek adventure travel television production
- Televisa (2009)- 5 day project shot at Isla Guadalupe for segments on “Noticias Primeras”
- Radiant Pictures (2010) – 1 Day shoot for Kirin television commercial in support of Nautical Film Services
- Marty Snyderman
- Eric Hanauer
- Chuck Nicklin
- Phillip Colla
- Brandon Cole
- Mark Carwardine
- Randy Morse
- Eric Cheng
- Mark Chamberlin
- Richard Herrmann
- Stephen Birch Aquarium: 8 day collecting cruise to Baja’s Islas San Benito and Isla San Martin
- University of California Santa Barbara (Dr. Milton Love): Baja and California 17 day research cruise as far south as Baja’s Isla San Roque in support of rockfish, spotted bay bass, kelp bass and California sheephead study. In collaboration with Mexican fisheries.
- Baja’s CICIMAR (Interdisciplinary Center of Marine Sciences – La Paz, BCS)and University of California Davis: 2004 to present – great white shark study at Isla Guadalupe in support of Dr. Mauricio Hoyos Padilla (Dr. A. Peter Klimley, UC Davis and Dr. Felipe Galvan, CICIMAR as advisors)